Gig day!

Today is gig day in London. Feels longer than a week since our last gig, but it was last Saturday.

I was hoping the new album would be here, 7 days turn around they said but ten days later and no CD... Obviously they're shut today so I can't find out what's happened!

My only working band for now is The Bophins, here's a video of a song for the third album (or maybe an interim EP?). It's called Glitter Eye click on the name to watch the video.

I'll be playing​ my Gibson and Gretsch through a Line 6 Helix and a Mackie powered speaker. My Gibson has a stetsbar trem on it, love those, and the Gretsch is modified with selector toggle in a different place and so on. I'll be adding a kill switch to both of them soon as well.

The Bophins is a great band to gig in, everything is tight, the songs work well, and there's a great uniqueness, not seen a band which looks feels or sounds like us!

I've been up for a bit and just playing through the songs by myself, trying a few new things to see how they fit and just to give me some ideas where to go on the fretboard.

Personally I like a nice quiet day before I gig, not sure what others like, but just playing a bit, mooching round. Normally I'd have a cable, wireless and guitar check but most my stuff is still in the bass players boot from last gig... Hope he remembers to bring it!

We had to ditch one of the new songs last gig because we just couldn't remember it but with two and a half albums worth of material it's really not an issue!

Anyway, time to chill...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Carlos

Sad day

Bit of a clear out...