Far Too Many Things

Well, I have been very quiet. Part of this is because of my other job which has given me very little spare time, part of this is because for my other job I'm having to test and iPhone which doesn't have the Blogger app and basically makes writing it more difficult, and part of it is because my physio told me not to play guitar for a few weeks to let me shoulder recover!

Due to all of the above I've not really been giving much thought as to what I can write.

Oh, and the election is over in the UK... sort of... so I'm pretty sure I can now stay away from politics on here!!

I'll do a proper post soon, but just a little update really. The studio is coming on, the old floor is out, the old wall down, some of the new wall is in, and the house is packed full of studio kit.

As is always the case though, I really want to be recording songs now that I can't!!!

I've been listening to the work for my new solo album and I'm pretty happy with it now, but the songs that stay (around 14 out of an initial list of 24) need some production work and then they'll be ready to roll! Let's see if I can outsell solo album 1 with 30 copies....

It's a lot of work for bugger all sales but then that's not why we do this really, not that I have a choice or say in the matter, there's just this insane drive and need to record and release, this need to write songs to stop the internal madness spreading.

There is something beautiful about creating music, be it a song, just widdling on guitar or any instrument. Art is ignored in most of the adult world. As a kid you're told to draw, paint, make music, but as soon as you reach a certain age it needs to stop. Get a real job, don't waste your time, down with that sort of stuff!!

You know what, sod the lot of them. Pick up a paintbrush, smack a piano, doesn't have to be great but create something from nothing, it's incredibly liberating and good for your brain. Keep doing it enough and you'll get better and better at it, but start somewhere and something.

Write, dance, play, draw, don't listen when you're told not to or it's rubbish or anything like that, just create!

Give it a go, you'll enjoy it, just stop thinking it has to be something, mean something, or be appreciated by others. Do it for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Carlos

Bit of a clear out...

Sad day