Guitarist Injuries...

My physio has been telling me for ages I have to stop playing guitar for a bit to let my shoulder and wrist recover. It's easier said than done...

I went on Friday and of course was asked "Have you rested and not played?".

"Definitely not played as much. Only rehearsal Wednesday night. Oh, and Thursday night. Then a bit of practice during the other days".

"So no, you've not rested at all"...

Actually for me that was resting, I hardly practiced during the day and on one day I think I didn't even touch the guitar...

It's really difficult not to practice, there's so much to learn still and so much better to get, you don't do that without practice.

Anyway, yesterday was "sort out the house day". Trips to the tip, moving things about, all that stuff.

Time finally to get my nice Gibson patent print framed as well, so I took apart an old picture frame and started cleaning the glass and BAM! Managed to take a big chunk out of my left hand against the corner or the glass... Hurts like hell and took hours to stop bleeding.

So, now it looks like my physio Stuart will be happy, no guitar playing for a bit... Wonder what else I can do...

I just properly discovered the 6 note dominant 9 scale as well, it's very cool, I can almost remember how it sounds...

Maybe it's time to learn to play the guitar left handed, I am left handed anyway...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Carlos

Sad day

Bit of a clear out...